Biography of Dr. Shaykh Muhammad al-Saeedi
Dr. Muhammad al-Saeedi is a British scholar. He is a member of the UK Fatwa Committee. He has studied traditionally with a group of well-known scholars of Yemen and received a number of ijazahs from them in various Islamic sciences. From the most well-known scholars who he studied under and received ijazah from is Qadi Muhammad ibn Isma’il al-Amrani, ‘Allamah Qassim al- Qudami, as well as ‘Allamah Dr. Abdel Karim Zaidan, and others.
Dr. Mohammad was able to add structured academic studies to his classical studies of the Islamic sciences. He completed a Bachelors (BA), Masters (MA), and Doctorate (PhD) in Islamic Law.
- Ijazah in Quran in three modes of recitation.
- Ijazah from Qadi Muhammad ibn Isma’il al-‘Amrani.
- Ijazah in the Shafi’i madhhab from the Shafi’i scholar Shaykh Qasim ibn Bahr al-Qudaimi al-Yemeni (may Allah preserve him).
- Ijazah from the ‘Allamah Shaykh Muhammad ibn Yusuf Harbah.
- Ijazah from the Faqih (jurist) Shaykh Abdullah ibn Abdullah ibn Yahya al-Sha’bi al-Zabidi.
- Several Ijazahs from the Muhaqqiq Shaykh Abdullah ibn Yusuf al-Judai’.
Work and Professional Experience:
- Dr. Mohammad was a former Teacher of Islamic Studies at the Arabic School in Birmingham.
- Previous Khateeb and Religious Consultant at the Risalah Islamic Institute.
- Former Lecturer in Hadith and Hadith Sciences, and the Fiqh of Financial Transactions at the European Institute of Human Sciences, Birmingham.
- Lecturer of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh at Madinah International University (online).
- President of the Islamic University of Minnesota (the UK Branch).
- Member of the Fatwa Council of Britain.
- He has taken part in many academic and da’wah related conferences in and out of the UK.
Research and Publications:
A number of research papers have been written by the Dr including:
- Al-Imam al-Shawkani wa Ara-uhu al-‘Ilmiyyah (Imam al-Shawkani and his Opinions).
- I’lam al-Anam bi-Ahkam al-Siyyam (The Rulings of Fasting)
- Araa al-Imam al-San’ani wa mada tawafuqiha ma’a araa al-Sahabah. A Masters (MA) dissertation.
- Al-Faskh al-Qada’i li ‘Aqd al-Nikah wa tatbiqatuh (Judicial Nullification of Marriage Contracts and its practical implementation). A Doctoral (PhD) thesis.
- Al-Khalal fi Fahm al-Nusus al-Shar’iyyah wa ‘Alaqatuhu bi-l Tatarruf wa-l Ghulu. This was a research paper presented at a conference.