As a graduate of the Islamic University, Madinah, Saudi Arabia, I gained my ‘Licentiate in Sharia’ and have been actively involved in dealing with Muslims living in the United Kingdom in matters requiring advice in light of the Islamic laws.
Since its inception in 1982, i have been part of the Islamic Sharia Council in Leyton, which has dealt with thousands of cases relating to matrimonial problems as well as child custody, inheritance and similar issues. My opinion has been sough by both solicitors and British courts when dealing with matters concerning Muslim clients.
I am a member of the European Council on Research and fatwa, which is headed by the famous Egyptian scholar, Dr. Yousaf Al-Qardawi. As a research scholar, i give my opinion for the issuance of fatwa’s in the light of the Islamic teachings.
There are a number of papers on the issue of Muslim Personal laws, Divorce & dissolution of marriage in Islam, which were presented by me in various seminars and conferences either in UK or abroad.
- 1962: Bachelors in Arabic & Islamic Studies from Punjab University, Lahore, Pakistan
- 1966: Licensing from Madinah Islamic University, Saudi Arabia
- 1971: Masters in Arabic & Islamic Studies from Punjab University
- 1983: Masters from Birmingham University, United Kingdom
- Thesis Topic: Criticism of Hadith among Traditionalist with reference to Sunan Ibn Majah
- 1991: PhD in Theology from Birmingham University, United Kingdom
- Thesis Topic: Concept of Mahdi among Ahl-us-Sunnah
BOOKS & BOOKLETS:
- The study of Al-Quran correspondence course: A series of 20 lessons.
- What do the Muslims owe to the Quran
- The Muslim Creed
- Introduction to the Quran
- Introduction to the Sunnah
- Introduction to the science of Hadith
- Why do we pray
- Journey of the soul
- Raising children in Islam
- Faith in pre-destination
- Criticism of Hadith among Traditionalist with reference to Sunan Ibn Majah
- Concept of Mahdi among Ahl-us-Sunnah
- A Bibliography of Books on Sunnah in English
- The current problems of the Muslim Ummah & their solution in light of the purified Seerah
- Marital problems and issues affecting family life in Britain (Dublin, October 2000)
- Principles of understanding the Quran (Summit of Muslim leaders, London August 2002)
- Instruments of revelation (london 1995)
- Distribution of Zakat
- Muslim personal Law (London, August 2004)
- Arbitration First (London, September 2005)
- Dissolution of Marriage (London 2006)